Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crafty Thursday!

So in a collaboration with my FAVORITE we have figured that we want to do something fun and crafty every single week!! So, we are starting Crafty Thursday (might change the name later, if we find a better one) BUT we are going to do this weekly so be on the lookout!

So, this week I am going to show you the craft I created from a little inspiration from my good friends @ Michael's



I saw this and immediately WANTED it!! BUT, I didn't know that it wasn't for sale! It was there as decoration to make one with their stuff. Well the feather wreath was $15 without anything else! No ribbon, no pumpkins NOTHING! So I figured I would probably not be using that wreath because even with a 40% off coupon it would still cost way more then I wanted to spend!

So, I was on a mission to make a cheaper but JUST as cute one!

I got all my supplies from Michael's

Wreath



Black Spray Paint



and lots of halloween decorations including some of these!

*Halloween Ribbon
*Spiders
*A cool Halloween Owl
*Black Sparkly Leaves on a vine
*Some little baby styrofoam pumpkins
*The Letter L
*Sparkly Purple Paint
*Super fine Sparkly Purple glitter

SO I got my wreath and sprayed it like crazy with the black spray paint. I hate when things are done 1/2 way so I painted both sides, and each side really only took about 3 minutes to paint and then 10 minutes to dry so it wasn't bad at all.

I made a bow with my big 2 1/2 inch ribbon! And I got all of my little creatures and painted them with the purple paint, after I would paint them I would immediately add glitter this way the paint is used as a glue to old all the lovely purple glitter!

I finished gliterring (is that a word) everything and brought my wreath in from outside. I added the vine leaves first you don't have to have them on a vine, but I think it makes it a lot easier to put them around the wreath. I then added my bow since this is the biggest thing on the whole wreath and I didn't want to cover any of my other decorations. Once I added that I just added all of my cute little decorations and hot glued them or used the wires that hold toys onto the cardboard to add them to my wreath! In the end I think it turned out sooooo cute! I am so in love with it!! So here it is!! In its glory :)

My Halloween Wreath!



and don't judge me for my ugly colored door, I live in an apt and clearly they don't think burgandy is an ugly color for a door (even if I do). BUT if you ask me I think my wreath makes the ugly door so much prettier! :D

Happy Craft Thursday!!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment